Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Music

Ok I feel like I need to post again. :)  I just finished reading another chapter of The Bondage Breaker and something really spoke to me.  This is going to be a lot so bare with me.  Here is the excerpt from the book.  This is the easiest way I know how to explain.  It just got through talking about the evil spirit from the LORD terrorizing King Saul after the Spirit of God departing from him.  Here is what the book says - It is interesting to note that whenever the evil spirit came upon Saul, David (the heir apparent to Israel's throne) would play his harp and the evil spirit would depart (1 Samuel 16:23).  How pathetically unaware we are of the biblical prominence of music in the spiritual realm!  When Elisha was about to inquire of God, he said, "Now bring me a minstrel.  And it came about, when the minstrel played, that the hand of the LORD came upon him" (2 Kings 3:15).  During the reign of David, over 4000 musicians were assigned to sing in the temple night and day (1 Chronicles 9:33; 23:5).  It is the mark of Spirit-filled Christians to sing and make melody in their hearts to the Lord and speak to each other in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs (Ephesians 5:18-20).  Ok that's the end of the piece in the book.  This spoke to my heart.  I use to listen to worship music all the time and the last year or so I haven't a lot.  Just a few minutes ago I decided to turn on some worship music and pray.  When I turned it on I instantly felt different.  I instantly felt a connection to God.  That's why I decided to share this with you.  I'm not attacking anyone that listens to secular music.  There are some good songs out there that have nothing to do with God but are good clean music.  Just please take advantage of worship music helping you in your walk with God and guard your heart from things that may hurt your walk with Him.  God is so amazing in giving us His wisdom.  I love how He speaks even through books you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment