Thursday, September 29, 2011

Living on the Illuminated Word of God

So as I was trying to read the Bible today I was convicted of something. God speaks mostly to me through reading books. He gives me new things that are just for me but when I try to read God's Word I can't really get those new and fresh ideas. I realized I was living a lot on regurgitated food (things God gave people as fresh and new and then they give it to other people). Which is fine but I need to also be getting fresh stuff straight from God. I remember reading in The Bait of Satan by John Bevere about living on the illuminating Word of God. Which is what God shows you through His word. The revelation He shows you. So short and sweet make sure you are getting some fresh wisdom from God's Word and not just from what other people are telling you. Don't get me wrong I loved reading books and that's I learn mostly just don't let that be all you learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment