Monday, September 12, 2011

My Thoughts On Being Mean

I've always had a strong conviction about not being mean to people even jokingly.  I know what it feels like to be made fun of and to get your feelings hurt by someone that was just joking but you had a bad day or your emotions were on the fringe at the time.  I think you should always be building people up.  I've been studying up on verses that talk about stuff like this.  A couple are Ephesians 4:29-32 and Ephesians 5:1-7  I think their is some other ones but I haven't found them yet.  I keep having certain lines run through my head like their is another verse but I can't remember it at all.  I encourage you to do your own study about it and to look up these verses.  They hit points about not saying bad things to people but building people up.  Also things to put away from you, things that aren't fitting for us as saints.  New King James version is good but The Message and New English Contemporary is good too.  Those kind of say it more in a modern way.  That's just what is on my heart this morning.  Building people up and helping them instead of being rude and mean even in a joking way.  Let us always be a help to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment